The new radiology facility is equipped with specialist equipment of the highest quality to ensure the latest imaging techniques can be offered to our patients.
There has been significant investment into the department with subsequent service development opening up the opportunity for private patients to be offered an appointment for non-complex CT, MRI and x-ray within 48 hours of the request.
Our Radiology equipment includes:
MRI Scanner – the Siemens Aera 1.5T MRI scanner delivers exceptional quality and speed to ensure the optimum in patient care and experience. It allows for more examinations to be completed with claustrophobic patients. The wider, shorter bore, helps patients to feel less anxious. The fact that the magnet is shorter means that the patient’s head is back outside the tunnel much sooner. In addition, Multi-channel technology lets us scan larger regions of the body flexibly.
CT Scanner – the Siemens Edge CT Scanner does not only meet the expectations for a CT scanner in modern day healthcare but it exceeds it. It comes with a 78 cm large bore and a table capacity of 227Kg, minimising breath-hold times, allowing for very fast scanning times. Thus improving the patient experience, and turn-around times. The Edge CT scanner has a number of exceptional features that help improve the scanning outcomes for patients:
- The Stellar detector and Straton x-ray tube provide high spatial resolution, this allows for visualisations of very fine structures and lesions.
- Sinogram Affirmed Iterative Reconstruction (SAFIRE) and the Advanced Modeled Iterative Reconstruction (ADMIRE) software tools work together to improve image resolution and delineation of edges at lower radiation doses.
- TwinBeam Dual Energy is an innovative technology unique to Siemens which enables simultaneous acquisition of high and low kV datasets. This allows for high contrast dynamic applications when scanning.
- Metal Artifact Reduction (iMAR) is an algorithm based tool that reduces the artefacts caused by metal implants while scanning.
- Dose reduction features – CARE Dose 4D. This reduces radiation dose to the patient by modulating the radiation exposure depending on the density of the tissue.
Ultrasound system – the ACUSON S2000 ultrasound system, HELX Evolution with Touch Control, is designed with a dedicated focus on General Imaging and Women’s Health. It offers new levels of workflow efficiency, imaging performance and sustainability. The ultrasound system has comprehensive applications which will allow for a wide range of adult, non-obstetric referral types.
Static X-ray unit – the Siemens Ysio Max is a static digital general x-ray unit, which provides all our requirements for general x-ray. It has exceptional capabilities, speed, and image quality. The Ysio Max comprises of an automatic centring system that helps to reduce repeat exposures, decreases exam time and minimises patient radiation dose. The Ysio has a unique post-processing solution that automatically improves image contrast and detail. This results in outstanding image quality in all kinds of radiography exams.
Mobile Image Intensifier – the Siemens Cios Connect is a mobile digital fluoroscopy c-arm, has a multi-functional c-arm and a double monitor cart. The unit is light weight and easy to use, allowing for easy positioning and use during Orthopaedic, Urology or Surgical cases. The Cios Connect has excellent image quality and very low doses, enabling excellent patient outcomes.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
To make an appointment or for more information, please call or email on:
Tel: 020 7317 7751
- Your appointment; what to expect on arrival >>
- Where to find us >>
- How to contact us >>
- Payment and insurance >>