Paying for your treatment
We welcome self-payers to our unit and will provide quotes and estimates on request prior to your appointment or treatment.
A patient who is self-funding will be required to pay on the day of their appointment (consultation, investigations, ect.). If a surgery is required, payment will need to be made in full before the procedure.
- For simple procedures and tests – we can provide you with a fixed price quotation
- For complex testing regimes or complex or uncertain treatment plans – we will provide an estimate to assist you in budgeting for your treatment. This amount may be subject to change depending on the complexity of your treatment
Please ask for your quotation through the referrals team. Our team can be contacted for a quote on 020 7317 7751 or email@example.com
We recognise most UK health insurers and are on the nationwide networks with most. Following receipt of a valid authorisation, we will handle all the financial aspects of your appointments and treatments directly with your insurer.
|Insurances we accept|
|Aviva Health||Exeter Friendly|
|AXA-PPP||Healix Health Services|
|AXA-PPP International||Health On-line|
|BUPA||PMI Healthcare Group|
|BUPA International||Pru Health|
|Standard Life Healthcare||SAGA|
|Western Provident Association||Secure Health|
|CIGNA International||VAN Breda|
|Civil Service Healthcare||Allianz Worldwide Care|
If your insurance company is not on this list we may still accept it. Please contact us via the referrals team to check on 020 7317 7751 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries as to whether your planned appointment or treatment is covered by your insurance you need to speak to your insurer to confirm. In some cases, you may need supporting information from your GP, consultant or ourselves to confirm cover and we will be happy to help via the contact details below.
You will be asked for you insurance details on booking and will be asked for evidence of insurer authorisation on checking in.
Please note that there may be aspects of your treatment that your insurer will not fund, or there may be an excess on your policy to pay. For these shortfalls in cover, you will be expected to pay directly and you will be asked to sign a registration form on admission or arrival for appointment confirm your agreement to this.
We require that payment is made in full before the procedure prior to admission or appointment. This payment needs to be in cleared funds in the hospital bank account.
The following payment methods are accepted at the hospital:
- Credit card: We accept all major credit cards including Amex. Payment can be made over the phone, and in person [or through the payment portal].
- Bank / online transfer: Our referrals team can forward to you our bank account details (account / sort code / SWIFT / IBAN ) for online or electronic funds transfer. You will need your Royal Free account number to hand to act as a reference.
- Cash: You can pay in person with cash but we would appreciate advance warning of large cash deposits.
- Cheque: You can pay by cheque to ROYAL FREE LONDON NHS F T – PRIVATE PATIENTS – deliver in person or send to Finance Department, Royal Free Private Patients, 12th floor, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG. Please note that if you are paying for planned treatment in this way time must be allowed for the cheque to be banked as clear funds (around 1 week including posting)
You will need to have your Royal Free account number to hand to make a payment – this will be created on your registration or appointment booking. The account number is also printed on each invoice heading on the right hand side.
Following your treatment, you will receive an invoice with a full breakdown of what your payment has covered. We are happy to discuss the costs of your treatment and address any questions you may have.
If the treatment is more or less than the estimate given then we will contact you about refunds or additional payments.
Should you require more information, our team are on hand to help:
Please speak to the referrals team. If they are unable to answer your queries you will be put through to the finance team for further assistance.
By phone: 0207 317 7637
By email: please email email@example.com and we will contact you the next working day or as per your request.