Visiting Hadley Wood Hospital
Infection Protection Control for Outpatients, Imaging and Day Case Surgery
Due to COVID-19, Hadley Wood Hospital has implemented rigorous infection protection control (IPC) measures and protocols in line with NHS England guidelines to ensure the facility is safe for our patients and staff. All patients admitted to the hospital have been clinically triaged and are safe to be treated.
We are taking every possible measure to ensure both patients and staff are safe in our hospital. We are rigorously adhering to infection protection control guidance to reduce transmission.
All staff in the hospital are required to wear a face mask and are screened daily to ensure we minimise the risk of infection. All patients and staff in the hospital are also required to practise social distancing.
What to Expect?
Below is guidance on what to expect as either an outpatient or day patient. Your clinical team will provide you with additional protocols prior to your procedure.
Infection protection control protocols include:
- Only patients can enter the hospital. Family and friends will not be permitted to enter the site, unless a carer is needed.
- Patients can arrive to appointments using a private car, taxi or walk if they live near by.
- Please do not arrive early for your outpatient appointment. Only arrive five minutes prior to allow for screening and registration.
- You will be greeted outside by a hospital security guard or nurse who will provide you with a disposable surgical grade mask. You must wear this mask for the entirety of your visit at the hospital. Please do not remove the mask unless your consultant advises you otherwise. Please dispose of your mask into the clinical bins in the hospital when you leave.
- The security guard or nurse will also ensure you sanitise your hands at the entrance. Both the mask and sanitiser will be provided to you.
- Please ensure you maintain social distancing while inside the hospital and adhere to the guidance we provide while onsite.
- No isolation is required for minor operations that are performed in our outpatient suites.
- Upon arrival at the hospital patients need to complete the Covid-19 patient screening and triage questionnaire.
- 72 hours prior to your surgery you will be required to come into Hadley Wood Hospital for a COVID-19 swab.
- Following your COVID-19 swab you and your household will be required to undertake strict self-isolation for the 72 hours prior to your surgery.
- On the day of your admission, if your test is COVID-19 negative you will be admitted for your planned procedure. You will also have another COVID screening which includes a temperature check.
- Patients undergoing surgery who are considered at high risk/COVID-19 vulnerable will need to undertake a strict 14 or seven day isolation prior to their treatment.
- 72 hours prior to your surgery you will be required to come into the hospital for a COVID-19 swab.
- Following your COVID-19 swab you and your household will be required to shield and undertake strict isolation for the 72 hours prior to your surgery.
- On the day of your admission, if your test is COVID-19 negative you will be admitted for your planned procedure. You will also have another COVID-19 screening which includes a temperature check.