Registration & Memberships
Registration and licensing
- GMC 4108139
- GDC 61805
Memberships and associations
- Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Member British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Member of the Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons
Mr Wayne Halfpenny
Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
BDS; MBBS; FDSRCS; FRCS; FRCS (maxfac)
Mr Wayne Halfpenny is doubly qualified in both Medicine and Dentistry with degrees from Kings College London and Charing Cross Medical School. He underwent his higher surgical training at the prestigious Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge and Guy’s Hospital London.
He has extensive experience in all aspects of the specialty and is a member of the Royal Free Hospital Endocrine Surgery Multidisciplinary team.
He is also one of the few surgeons to have experience in minimally invasive salivary gland surgery.
Both privately and in the NHS Wayne works jointly with pain management consultants to provide multidisciplinary care for those patients with complex facial pain problems.
Wayne has published over twenty peer-reviews papers and presented widely both at local and international level.
He is married to Mo, a local Orthodontist, has 4 children and in his spare time is a keen kayaker.
All Dentoalveolar surgery (wisdom teeth, cysts etc)
Thyroid and Parathyroidectomy
Salivary gland surgery
Temporomandibular joint surgery
Lumps and bumps
Surgical Dentistry (wisdom tooth removal etc..)
Temporomandibular Joint/Jaw pain
Salivary gland and Thyroid Surgery
Complex Facial Pain
Ultrasound imaging and classification of thyroid nodules.
– Zaman Mirza, Mustansir Alibhai, Janavikulam Thiruchelvam, Wayne Halfpenny, Wai-Lup Wong, Luke Sonoda, Curtis Offiar, Matthew Keenan, Leo Cheng, Nicholas Kalavrezos. A review of thyroid PET incidentalomas – a North/North-East London experience. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2013 Sep; Vol. 51, Issue 6, Page e110.
– Mustansir Alibhai, L. Gilbert, F. Abbas, W. Halfpenny. A local review of thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Br J Oral and Maxillofac Surg 2013 Sep; Vol. 51, Issue 6, Page e107.
– A. Ketabchi, S. Sah, N. Khan, W. Halfpenny, J. Thiruchelvam. Management of the neck in the occult primary: results of a national audit. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2011 Jun; Vol. 49Supplement 1, Page S73.
– Halfpenny W, Prabhu K, Balaraman K, Thiruchelvam J, McGurk M. A Modified technique of radial forearm free flap anastomosis. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Jan; 46(1):68-9. Epub 2007 May 24.
– Lee KH, Halfpenny W, Thiruchelvam JK. Spinal cord compression in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007 Apr;103(4):e16-8. Epub 2007 Jan 31.
– Millwaters M, Khan N, Halfpenny W. Simultaneous lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma presenting as a neck lump. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Mar;46(2):144-5. Epub 2007 Feb 23.
– Alagarswamy RK, Halfpenny W, Thiruchelvam JK, Mohamid W. Rare presentation of Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare infection. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007 Dec;45(8):670-2. Epub 2006 Nov 20.
– Goodger NM, Halfpenny W, Williams S. An unusual cause of oro-antral fistula. Dent Update. 2004 Jan-Feb;31(1):31-3.
– Halfpenny W, Hain SF, Biassoni L, Maisey M, Sherman J, McGurk M. PET SUV as a predictor for survival in patients with head and neck SCC. Br J Cancer 2002; 86: 512-516.