Mr Simon Mellor
Consultant Trauma And Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSC (HONS), MBCHB MPHIL, FRCS (TR AND ORTH)
Mr Simon Mellor is a consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital. Founder of North London Knee Clinic, Mr Mellor qualified in 1992 from Manchester University Medical School having won the Alice & Edith major scholarship.
About Mr Mellor
He has worked in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery since 1996. In 2003-4, he undertook two prestigious Orthopaedic Fellowships in Melbourne Australia, specialising in hip and knee surgery. He is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association and the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK) and the ISAKOS, International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgeon, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. Mr
Mellor has gained experience in computer navigation for knee replacement surgery and minimal access anterior hip replacement surgery. He also has an interest in accelerated rehabilitation after joint replacement surgery.
Mr Mellor specialises in hip, knee, arthroscopy and ligament problems. His special interests include hip resurfacing, revision hip replacements, knee surgery (keyhole) including meniscal repair techniques and cartilage repair.
He also specialises in ligament reconstruction surgery (including anterior cruciate and posterior cruciate reconstructions). Simon deals in surgery for patella-femoral disease including patellar dislocation, re-alignment osteotomies, partial and total knee replacements and revision knee replacements.
- Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Enhance recovery after joint replacement surgery
- Sport hip and knee surgery
- Anterior approach hip replacement surgery
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 4502 7125 to speak with a member of our team
- Knee arthroscopy and soft tissue surgery including ligament reconstruction, patellar stabilization and knee osteotomies.
- Biologic treatments for the knee including, platelet rich plasma injections.
- Partial and total knee replacements including patient specific knee replacements and revision knee replacements
- Total hip replacements including anterior approach (muscle sparing) total hip replacement.
- Revision hip replacements
- Outcomes after joint replacement surgery