Mr Pinak Ray
Consultant Trauma And Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MS, MCH, FRCS,FRCS ORTH.
Mr Pinak Ray’s career in medicine started in India in 1984. He finished MBBS and soon decided to pursue a career in Orthopaedic surgery. He got into the resident programme, successfully completing a Thesis on “Cartilage healing” and was awarded the Masters degree in Orthopaedics.
About Mr Pinak Ray
Following a short stint as a Lecturer in a University medical school, Mr Ray decided to broaden his experience and came over to England in 1994. His extensive training in England has taken him to centers of excellence in Sheffield, Leicester and London. During this time he was awarded the MCh (Orth) degree in 1998 from the University of Liverpool, the FRCS in 2002 followed by the Fellowship of the Intercollegiate board for Trauma and Orthopaedics, FRCS (Tr & Orth), in 2003.
Pinak joined the faculty in Barnet and Chase Farm NHS Trust in 2004 as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. He has been in the post for more than 12 years and has gained extensive experience his field of expertise.
Mr Ray strives to provide a state of the art foot and ankle service in the NHS and the Private sector. His special interests include Bunion surgery, all forms of forefoot deformities and forefoot neurological pain.
An expert in foot and ankle arthritis and its treatment, Mr Ray specialises in adult flat feet and hind foot arthritis. His special interest is in arthrodesis of painful arthritic joints in the foot and ankle. He is an ankle arthroplasty surgeon and offers Total Ankle Replacement for painful arthritic ankles.
He also specialises in sports injuries of the lower limb, offering key hole surgery for all sporting injuries of the knee and ankle. An expert in tendon injuries of the foot and ankle, Pinak regularly deals with and operates on sports related injuries of the Achilles tendon, lateral ankle ligaments and peroneal tendons. He has a special interest is in all types of sport related fractures of the knee, leg, ankle and foot.
Mr Ray practices in North London both in the NHS and the private sector and can be easily contacted through his secretary or the hospitals he works in.
- Currently living in Cockfosters, Mr Ray has two boys who studied in north London. The older one studied in Haberdasher’s Aske school in Elstree and is now in Imperial studying “Physics”. The younger one finished his A level from St Albans Boys School and is now studying “Biology” in Nottingham university.
- A keen sportsman Mr Ray has always taken a keen interest in cricket, football and golf. He is a member of the Hadley Wood golf club and tries to play as often as possible. My Ray is always keen to get advice from his patients on how to improve his swing.
- He loves cooking and takes pride in his creations. Cooking is his way of winding down after a hard day’s work. It is his other specialty.
- Mr Ray and his family love watching movies. He has even been fortunate enough to star as an extra in an “Indian movie” being filmed in London- his five minutes of glory!
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 7317 7751 to speak with a member of our team
- Bunion Surgery
- Forefoot deformity surgery
- Foot and ankle arthritis surgery
- Total ankle replacement
- Key hole surgery for sports injuries of the foot and ankle
- Key hole surgery for sports injuries of the knee.
- Flat feet surgery
- Tendon and Ligament reconstruction of the foot and ankle
- Achilles Tendon surgery
- Ankle Replacement
- Tendon reconstructive surgery
- Arthritis surgery for foot and ankle
- Ongoing International research on the use of an intraosseous compression device for foot and ankle arthrodesis, with excellent 3 to 4 year result.
- Total ankle replacement