Mr Peter Domos
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
MD, MRCS, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Mr Peter Domos is a double-fellowship trained consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, with subspecialty interest in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Mr Peter Domos is a double-fellowship trained consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, with subspecialty interest in shoulder and elbow surgery. He qualified from the University of Pecs Medical School in Pecs, Hungary then completed his postgraduate specialist training in trauma and orthopaedics in the East of England (Cambridge) rotation. Following this, he undertook the prestigious Calvert Shoulder fellowship in London and two years of subspecialist fellowship training (in France: Lyon and Toulouse; and then in Sheffield, UK). He has also visited a number of leading, world renowned shoulder and elbow specialists in Europe (18 surgeons across six countries), over a three month period, to experience other healthcare systems at a clinical and managerial level. Mr Domos is keen to encourage existing (UCL Partners, Royal Free International) and new international partnerships, to facilitate future exchange visits, share expertise and strengthen evidence based medicine, by patient-based research.
He is the clinical lead for the Virtual Fracture Clinic (VFC) and the Shoulder and Elbow unit at Barnet Hospital, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
He also works within a group structure at Total Orthopaedics, that exists to provide a multi-specialty service with the benefits of collaborative and innovative working.
He loves spending time with his young family. He also enjoys travelling and he is passionate about motorsports, especially car racing and Formula 1.
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Mr Domos provides full comprehensive shoulder and elbow services for degenerative disorders, sport injuries and complex trauma. His specialist interests are in shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, open joint reconstruction and joint replacement. As part of his continuing professional development he regularly attends courses to keep his knowledge and skills up to date.
His academic interests include both clinical and basic research (which has led to an MD degree). Since then he has never been far from research, with 30 publications, as well as annual presentations at various scientific meetings (BESS, SECEC, ICSES, EFORT, SICOT, BOA).
Currently, his main research interests include improving clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction, following shoulder and elbow stabilisation procedures and after reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
English and Hungarian
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 7317 7751 to speak with a member of our team
- Elective shoulder arthroplasty/replacement (resurfacing, hemiarthroplasty, anatomic or reverse total arthroplasty +/-tendon transfer)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder stabilisation (labral repair, latarjet or bone block procedure)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) cuff repair +/-patch augmentation or bridging and superior capsular reconstruction for massive tears
- Shoulder arthroscopic (keyhole) procedures (decompression, AC-joint resection, debridement, biceps tenotomy or tenodesis and removal of calcific deposit)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder capsular release
- Shoulder MUA or EUA
- Elbow osteocapsular release, debridement and OK procedure
- Elbow MUA or EUA
- Tennis or golfers elbow release
- Ulna nerve release or PIN nerve release
- Fracture or non-union fixations (clavicle, shoulder, humerus, elbow and forearm)
- Elbow stabilisation with ligament repair or reconstruction +/-radial head arthroplasty/replacement
- AC-Joint stabilisation with repair or reconstruction
- Shoulder fracture arthroplasty/replacement (hemiarthroplasty or reverse arthroplasty)
- Pectoralis major tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- Distal or proximal biceps tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- Triceps tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- Mid-term clinical and radiological results of reverse shoulder arthroplasty with an eccentric glenosphere. Collotte P, Erickson J, Vieira TD, Dömös P, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2020 Jan 2.
- 2019 Clinical and radiographic outcomes of the open Latarjet procedure in skeletally immature patients. Dömös P, Chelli M, Lunini E, Ascione F, Bercik MJ, Neyton L, Godeneche A, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019 Dec 4.
- 2019 Reverse shoulder arthroplasty in patients younger than 65 years: a systematic review of the literature. Chelli M, Lo Cunsolo L, Gauci MO, Dömös P, Gonzalez JF, Bronsard N, Boileau P. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. Open Access 2019 Sep 11;3(3):162-167.
- 2019 Risk factors for instability after reverse shoulder arthroplasty. Guarella V, Chelli M, Dömös P, Ascione F, Boileau P, Walch G. Shoulder and Elbow (accepted)
- 2019 A unique case of bilateral triceps avulsion fracture in a patient with pseudohypoparathyroidism. Najefi A, Dömös P. Shoulder and Elbow (accepted)
- 2019 Clinical and radiographic outcomes of open Latarjet procedure in patients aged 40 years or older. Dömös P, Lunini E, Ascione F, Serra N, Bercik MJ, Neyton L, Godeneche A, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019 Apr 28.
- 2019 Unstable pelvic fracture reduction under ultrasonographic control. Goudard Y, Camus D, Dubost C, Dömös P et al. J Spec Oper Med. Spring 2019;19(1):16-18.
- 2019 Current options in tendon transfers for irreparable rotator cuff tears. Checchia C, Dömös P, Grimberg J, Kany J. JBJS Rev 2019 Feb;7(2):e6
- 2019 Arthroscopic Bankart repair with remplissage for non-engaging Hill-Sachs lesion in professional collision athletes. Dömös P, Ascione F, Wallace AL. Shoulder and Elbow 2019 Feb;11(1):17-25.
- 2018 Increased scapular spine fractures after reverse shoulder arthroplasty with a humeral onlay short stem: An analysis of 485 consecutive cases. A multicentric study of fracture risk factors. Ascione F, Kilian CM, Laughlin MS, Bugelli G, Dömös P, Neyton L, Godeneche A, Edwards TB, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018 Dec;27(12):2183-2190.
- 2018 ESSKA Instructional Course Lecture Book Chapter:
- Massive retracted rotator cuff tear: Treatment options
- Milano G, Saccomanno MF, Avanzi P, Karahan M, Dömös P et al. 2018 Nov
- 2018 Isolated arthroscopic Bankart repair vs Bankart repair with remplissage for anterior shoulder instability with engaging Hill Sachs lesion: a meta-analysis. Camus D, Dömös P, Berard E, Toulemonde J, Mansat P, Bonnevialle N. Orthopaedics & Traumatology: Surgery & Research 2018 Oct;104(6):803-809.
- 2018 Outcomes following surgical management of complex terrible triad injuries of the elbow-a single surgeon case series. Dömös P, Griffiths E, White A. Shoulder and Elbow 2018 Jul;10(3):216-222.
- 2018 Long-term humeral complications after Grammont-style reverse shoulder arthroplasty. Ascione F, Dömös P, Guarrella V, Chelli M, Boileau P, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018 Jun;27(6):1065-1071
- 2018 Walch B0 glenoid: Pre-Osteoarthritic posterior subluxation of the humeral head. Dömös P, Checchia CS, Walch G. Journal of Shoulder Elbow Surgery 2018 Jan;27(1):181-188
- 2018 Contraindications and complications of the Latarjet procedure. Dömös P, Lunini E, Walch G. Shoulder and Elbow 2018 Jan;10(1):15-24
- 2017 Increased wound complication with intramedullary screw fixation of clavicle fractures: is it thermal necrosis? Dömös P, Tytherleigh-Strong G, Van-Rensburg L. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2017 Sep-Dec;25(3):2309499017739482
- 2017 Reverse shoulder arthroplasty with a new convertible short stem: Preliminary 2- to 4-year follow-up results. Ascione F, Bugelli G, Dömös P, Neyton L, Godeneche A, Bercik MJ, Walch G. J Shoulder Elbow Arthr. 2017 doi: 10.1177/2471549217746272
- 2017 Current practice in the management of Rockwood type III acromioclavicular joint dislocations-National survey. Dömös P, Sim F, Dunne M, White A. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2017 May-Aug; 25(2):2309499017717868.
- 2017 The chondral print sign: what does it really mean? Dömös P, Neogi DS, Longo UG, Ahrens PM. Journal of Shoulder Elbow Surgery. 2017 Jan 25. pii: S1058-2746(16)30576-6.
- 2016 Taking the sting out of CRPS: bee venom to treat complex regional pain syndrome (case report). Brown Z, Archer M, Dömös P, White A. Anaesthesia Cases / 2016-0116
- 2016 Shoulder Current Concepts 2016-Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty Book Chapters:
- -Results of the RSA with eccentric glenosphere Collotte P, Dömös P, Walch G
- -Postoperative humeral complications Walch G, Boileau P, Dömös P
- -The radiological results of humeral stems Walch G, Boileau P, Dömös P
- -Postoperative instability in reverse shoulder arthroplasty Walch G, Molé D, Boileau P, Dömös P
- 2016 Shoulder Current Concepts 2016-Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Fractures Book Chapters:
- -Complications and contra-indications to the Latarjet procedure Walch G, Dömös P
- -The difference between static and dynamic posterior shoulder instability Walch G, Dömös P
- 2016 Delayed surgical management of an isolated trochlear fracture of the elbow (case report and review of literature). Gomati A, Dömös P, Crossman P. Annals Journal Royal College Surgeons of England. 2016; Jan 7
- 2015 Paediatric medial epicondyle fracture with intraarticular ulnar nerve entrapment without elbow dislocation (case report). Elbashir M, Dömös P, Latimer M. Journal of Surgical Case Reports 2015 Nov 5; 2015(11)
- 2015 Letter to the Editor-Re: Surgery is no better than a simple sling for displaced fracture of upper arm, study finds. Hertel R, Dömös P. The BMJ 2015 May
- 2014 Reverse shoulder arthroplasty in 41 patients with cuff tear arthopathy with a mean follow up period of 5 years. Al-Hadithy N, Dömös P, Sewell M, Pandit R. Journal of Shoulder Elbow Surgery 2014 Nov; 23(11):1662-8
- 2013 A case of spontaneous bilateral Achilles tendon rupture: Surgical treatment with early mobilisation. Yue D, Al-Hadithy N, Dömös P. Foot Ankle Spec. 2013; Dec 23
- 2012 Cementless surface replacement arthroplasty of the shoulder for osteoarthritis –results of 50 Copeland Mark-3 prosthesis from an independent centre with 4-year mean follow-up. Al-Hadithy N, Dömös P, Sewell M, Naleem A, Pandit R. Journal of Shoulder Elbow Surgery 2012 Dec; 21(12):1776-81
- 2011 A simple way to determine appropriate implant size when fixing fractures. Dömös P, Porteous M. Injury 2011; Jun 43(6):960
- 2009 Histological analysis of the knee replacement procedures modifying the patellofemoral surface. Than P, Dömös P, Kereskai L, Bellyei Á. Hungarian Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery 2009; 52(3):223-230
- 2009 Animal experimental models of patella resection arthroplasty. Fonay V, Dömös P, Kereskai L, Bellyei Á, Than P. Hungarian Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery 2009; 52(1):45-51
- 2006 The patellar surface after different treatment options in total knee replacement. Dömös P, Than P, Bellyei Á. Orthopaedics 2006 Aug; 29(8):685-688
- 2005 Long-term results of patella spongialisation in primary total knee arthroplasty. Than P, Dömös P, Bellyei Á. Hungarian Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery 2005; 48(2):93-98
- 2005 Investigation of the human intervertebral disc with calorimeter. Vermes C, Czipri M, Horváth G, Dömös P, Gazsó I. Hungarian Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery 2005; 48(4):330-339