Mr Onur Berber
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
FRCS(Tr&Orth), MSc, BSc(Hons), DipSEM.UK&Ire, Dip Hand Surg
Mr Onur Berber is a consultant surgeon in trauma and orthopaedics, specialising in all conditions affecting the hand, wrist and elbow as well as injuries of the upper limb.
After completing his orthopaedic training, he went onto gain extensive experience in hand surgery with several specialist fellowships. He spent time working at the respected Guy’s and St Thomas Hand Unit in London. He was then awarded a British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) prestigious fellowship at the Oxford University Hospitals.
He gained further specialist experience during his time at the internationally renowned Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby. Having been awarded a traveling fellowship by the Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand, he attended the Institut de la Main in Paris; here he developed his interest in spasticity, nerve injuries, arthroscopic wrist surgery and microsurgery.
He has been heavily involved in academic research with several journal publications and presentations at national and international conferences. He enjoys teaching and is regularly invited to teach on training courses for medical students and surgeons. He is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at UCL Medical School and is a tutor for the BSSH Hand Diploma.
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Hand, wrist and elbow surgery including complex revision procedures
- Upper limb trauma procedures including complex trauma repair and reconstruction
- Nerve related conditions
- Sports injuries
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 4502 7125 to speak with a member of our team
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ulna nerve cubital tunnel syndrome
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Arthritis of the wrist and hand
- Thumb base pain and arthritis (arthroscopy, cartiva synthetic cartilage replacement; thumb base joint replacement)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ganglion cysts
- Trigger finger and thumb
- Tendon overuse conditions including De Quervain’s Disease
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Joint replacement surgery
- Keyhole surgery
- Wide awake surgery
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Upper limb fractures including clavicle
- Finger and thumb dislocation injuries
- Mallet finger
- Scaphoid fractures and scaphoid fracture non-union surgery
- Nerve injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Sport’s related injuries
- PRP injections
- Stem cell therapy