Mr Muneer Ahmed
Consultant Breast Surgical Oncologist And Reconstructive Surgeon
MBBS, BSC (HONS), MA, PHD, FRCS (GEN.SURG), FEBS (BREAST SURGERY)
About Mr Muneer Ahmed
Muneer Ahmed is a leading, innovative and enthusiastic breast cancer surgeon. He believes in enhancing patient experiences through the application of minimally invasive techniques for bespoke breast cancer management.
He trained at the most advanced and comprehensive breast surgical oncology and reconstructive centres in the UK, Europe and Japan. He was awarded the prestigious Ronald Raven Travelling Fellowship by the British Association of Surgical Oncology (BASO) to train in intraoperative ultrasound-guided breast surgery at Universitario Val d’Hebron, Barcelona, Spain and trained in video-assisted breast surgery (VABS) at Sanno Medical Centre, Tokyo, Japan. He completed his training with a Training Interface Group (TIG) National Oncoplastic Breast Fellowship at Charing Cross Hospital, London – one of the busiest breast reconstructive units in the country.
He was awarded a PhD in Surgical Oncology from King’s College London (Guy’s Hospital) for his work on the application of magnetic nanotechnology to lesion localization in breast cancer under the supervision and mentorship of Professor Michael Douek. This work resulted in him being awarded a prestigious Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of England Research Fellowship and appointed Clinical Lecturer at King’s College London, whereby he extended his experiences of minimally invasive techniques including the magnetic technique and high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of breast lesions. During this period, he won numerous prizes including the European Society of Surgical Oncology EYSAC Research Fellowship and RCS Ethicon Travelling Fellowship to extend his work at the University of Tokyo, Japan.
He strongly believes in advancing the field of breast surgery through his continued academic work and international collaborations for the benefits of his patients.
- General Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Quantification of axillary burden and targeted axillary dissection to avoid overtreatment of the axilla in primary surgery and neo-adjuvant settings
- Radioisotope-free sentinel node biopsy using a magnetic probe and tracer
- Wire-free lesion localization and intraoperative ultrasound-guided surgery
- Percutaneous and non-invasive ablative techniques for breast lesions
- Therapeutic mammaplasty to extend the range of breast conservationNipple sparing mastectomy with immediate prepectoral reconstruction
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 7317 7751 to speak with a member of our team
- Breast Cancer – screening, prevention and treatment
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Benign breast problems
- Cosmetic breast surgerySkin lesions, lumps and bumps
- Multimodal antibody-labelled imaging modalities for cancer directed surgery and margin assessment in breast cancer
- Magnetic nanotechnology and fluorescent-guided surgery
- Cryoablation in the treatment of breast cancer
- Hight intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) in the treatment of breast cancer and focused ultrasound (FUS) for targeted drug delivery
- Over 70 peer-reviewed published papers including Nature and Lancet Oncology