Mr Michael Saunders
MB BS, BSC(HONS), MSC(SURGICAL SCIENCE), FRCSED(GEN.SURG)
Mr Michael Saunders qualified from University College London in 1993 and was accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 1997.
About Mr Michael Saunders
Mr Saunders was later appointed as a Consultant General Surgeon at Barnet Hospital in 2008 moving to Chase Farm in 2010. He is now a Senior Consultant Surgeon at The Royal Free Hospital London.
Mr Saunders believes in the importance of detecting diseases early and feels strongly about overcoming stigmas that often surround aspects of medical care. His sub-specialist interest in laparoscopic surgery has lead to a notable proficiency in laparoscopic surgery for gall stone disease, hernia repair and bowel cancer. In addition to this, he has undertaken research in post-operative pain following laparoscopic surgery.
Beyond his strict clinical activity, he is a keen advocate for the use of day surgery and has published many articles on this topic. Owing to his extensive expertise, he is a member of the British Association of Day Surgery and has published widely on this matter.
As a keen medical educator Mr Saunders is the Undergraduate Medical Education Tutor responsible for medical student teaching.
- Rectal bleeding including haemorrhoids
- Change in bowel habit – constipation and /or diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
- Pilonidal sinus
- Laparoscopic (key hole) surgery
- Day case surgery
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Day case laparoscopic (key hole) surgery; Post-operative pain;
- Education and teaching; Efficiency and productivity
- Vascular Surgery
- Local Anaesthetic
- Anal Fistula Surgery
- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy
- Skin Lesion Removal
- Elective Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Diverticular Disease Surgery
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Abscess Incision and Drainage
- Incisional Hernia Repair
- Epigastric Hernia Repair (adult)
- Femoral Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy – Day Case
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair (TAPP)
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair (TEP)
- Open inguinal hernia repair
- Paraumbilical and Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Surgery for Pilonidal Sinus
- Bilateral Vasectomy
- Circumcision (adult)
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 7317 7751 to speak with a member of our team
Registration & memberships
Registration and licensing
Memberships and associations
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh British Association of Day Surgery Association of
- Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- British Medical Association