Mr Daryll Baker
MB BCH (OXFORD), BSC(HONS), PHD FRCS(ENG) FRCS (GEN)
Mr Daryll Baker read medicine at Oxford University and gained his PhD from the University of Wales. He trained in surgery in Nottingham, Edinburgh and London.
About Mr Daryll Baker
Mr Baker has been a Vascular Consultant Surgeon for over 15 years and runs a busy extensive Vascular practice attracting patients from both within the UK and also worldwide. His surgical practice embraces all open and endovascular interventions in arteries and veins. He leads the largest hyperhidrosis service in North London.
Mr Baker is the Vascular Clinical Lead for North Central London managing all the vascular services between the Royal Free Hospital, the Whittington Hospital, the North Middlesex Hospital, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals, University Hospitals and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
He is a Senior Lecture in Vascular Surgery at University College London and he and his research team have written and presented over 150 academic papers both nationally and internationally. He is a member of the British Journal of Surgery Editorial council and reviews papers for several other journals . He is the Surgical External examiner for the University of Brighton and Sussex, the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland Medical School and the Malaysian Penang Medical School. He is regularly the external examiner for the Sri Lankan College of Surgeons.
Mr Baker has been a council member of the Vascular Society, Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and Surgical Academic and Research Society.
- Complex arterial and venous disease management
- Vascular Biology
Registration and licensing
- Medical Defence Union General Medical Council
Memberships and associations
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Society of Academic and Research Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Carotid body tumour surgery and carotid endarterectomy
- Aortic aneurysm surgery (open, endovascular and complex endovascular, EVAR)
Venous disease management:
- Varicose vein surgery: Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), VNUS closure procedure, Varicose vein laser treatment, sclerotherapy treatment)
- Venous leg ulcer treatment including bandaging
- Deep vein thrombosis management (including endovenous procedures)
- Peripheral vascular disease including diabetic foot management (angioplasty, stenting Femero-popliteal bypass surgery, amputations and wound management)
- Thoracic Outlet Decompression Surgery
- Hernia surgery (Femoral hernia repair, Open and Laparoscopic TAPP and TEP inguinal hernia repair, paraumbilical and umbilical hernia repair, incisional hernia repair, sports hernia repair)
- Hyperhidrosis management (thoracoscopic and lumbar sympathectomy, axillary curettage, Botox, iontophoresis, medical management)
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 7317 7751 to speak with a member of our team
Novell, R., Baker, D.M, Goddard, N. (ed) 2013 “Kirk’s General Surgical Operations”, 6th Edition London Churchill Livingstone Elsevier ISBN 978-0-7020-4482-3
Baker,D.M. (2008), Stroke Prevention in Clinical Practice, London: Springer-Verlag. ISBN: 978-1-84628-728-2. 131pp
Baker D.M. (2000) Primary Care of vascular disease. Medical education Network (UK) Ltd (ISBN 0-9537801-0-4)