Dr Saif Musa
Consultant Gastroenterologist And General Physician
BSC (HONS), MBBS, FRCP
Dr Saif Musa graduated from Guy’s, Kings and St. Thomas’s School of Medicine, Kings College London. He completed the London Deanery Specialist Training programme (SW Thames), in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine.
He undertook clinical research at St. George’s Hospital, University of London, focusing on luminal and liver dysfunction on general/specialist critical care units, resulting in peer-reviewed publications and book chapter. He developed the High-resolution oesophageal manometry service for research and clinical purposes.
He was appointed as Gastroenterologist and General Physician at Bedford Hospital in 2012, taking on the Clinical Lead for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Deputy Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Lead, JAG endoscopy trainer and Lead gastroenterology medical student tutor (Cambridge University).
In 2014, he was appointed Consultant Gastroenterologist at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals. His clinical interests include luminal gastroenterology, general hepatology and endoscopy.
- Gastroenterology: IBD, Indigestion/heatburn, Abdominal pain/bloating, Change in bowel habit (constipation/diarrhea), IBS
- Hepatology: Abnormal Liver functions tests, Fatty liver disease, Alcoholic liver disease, Hepatitis, Cirrhosis
- Pancreatobiliary: Gallbladder disease, Pancreatic insufficiency,
- Diagnostic and Advanced Upper and Lower GI endoscopy
- Upper and Lower Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Complex polyp removal: Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Stricture dilatation & stent insertion
- Feeding tubes insertion (PEG/PEJ)
- Capsule Endoscopy