Dr Glenda Kaplan
MBBCH SA MRCP FRCR
Dr Kaplan chose breast imaging because she has a natural aptitude for analysing mammograms. She has seen the phenomenal growth in breast imaging 18 years of experience, providing a personal service – listening to all the patient’s needs.
She started :
- 1 stop clinics at Barnet hospital
- inserting coils into tumours pre primary chemotherapy.
- Her special interest is treating patients with special needs or dementia.
- Screening setting analysing >8000 mammograms per year
- Current with all screening targets
- Symptomatic setting analysing >2000 mammograms per year
- Performs breast ultrasound, biopsies and drainage of abscesses in multiple 1 stop clinics/ week
- Reports screening and symptomatic breast MRI
- Performs ultrasound and mammographic localisations weekly for the last 18 years
- Performs prone table stereotactic biopsies weekly.
- Participated in Comice and MARIBS Trials.
- Principal investigator in Mammo-50 trial.
- Participates in the on-call rota, report general CT, ultrasound, MRI and plain films.
- Personal interests: classical music; aerobics
- Breast MRI
- Principal Investigator on Mammo-50 trial at Barnet & Chase Farm sites
- All aspects of breast imaging