Dr Durayd Alzoubaidi
Consultant Gastroenterologist and GI Endoscopist
BMedSci, MBBS, MRCP, MD (Res)
Dr Durayd Alzoubaidi
Dr Durayd Alzoubaidi is a Consultant Gastroenterologist and Endoscopist at Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, London, one of the country’s leading teaching hospitals.
Dr Durayd Alzoubaidi has expertise in gastroenterology and endoscopy and trained at Barts and the London school of medicine and completed his gastroenterology training in Cambridge and London. Mr Alzoubaidi has completed a prestigious three year post graduate research degree at University College London (UCL), studying new innovations in endoscopic therapy for gastrointestinal bleeding and cancer and has a special interest and expertise in the management and treatment of patients with acid reflux, dyspepsia, abdominal pain and barrett’s oesophagus.
He also sees patients with diarrhoea, constipation, weight loss, iron deficiency anaemia (IDA) irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
His current research involvements include the international hemospray registry analysing novel haemostatic modality in the management of gastrointestinal bleeding. He has personally presented outcomes from this research in several major international conferences and has resulted in multiple publications in peer reviewed medical journals. In addition, he is currently working on the development of a risk stratification modality to identify patients at high risk of developing cancer in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Acid reflux
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Abdominal pain (less than one year)
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- Iron deficiency anaemia (IDA)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): crohn’s disease and colitis
- Endoscopy: gastroscopy, colonoscopy and polypectomy and flexible sigmoidoscopy
Analysis of novel haemostatic modality in the management of gastrointestinal bleeding including hemospray.
Currently working on the development of a risk stratification modality to identify patients at high risk of developing cancer in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
Like to book an appointment?
Fill out the contact form below or call us on
020 4502 7125 to speak with a member of our team
- Alzoubaidi D, Hussein M, Sehgal V, Makahamadze C, Magee CG, Everson M, Graham D, Sweis R, Banks M, Sami SS, Novelli M, Lovat L, Haidry R. Cryoballoon ablation for treatment of patients with refractory esophageal neoplasia after first line endoscopic eradication therapy. Endosc Int Open. 2020 Jul;8(7)
- Hussein M, Alzoubaidi D, O’Donnell M, de la Serna A, Bassett P, Varbobitis I, Hengehold T, Ortiz Fernandez-Sordo J, Rey JW, Hayee B, Despott EJ, Murino A, Graham D, Latorre M, Moreea S, Boger P, Dunn J, Mainie I, Mullady D, Early D, Ragunath K, Anderson J, Bhandari P, Goetz M, Kiesslich R, Coron E, Rodriguez de Santiago E, Gonda T, Gross SA, Lovat LB, Haidry R. Hemostatic powder TC-325 treatment of malignancy-related upper gastrointestinal bleeds: International registry outcomes. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jun 15.
- Hussein M, Alzoubaidi D, Serna A, Weaver M, Fernandez-Sordo JO, Rey JW, Hayee B, Despott E, Murino A, Moreea S, Boger P, Dunn J, Mainie I, Graham D, Mullady D, Early D, Ragunath K, Anderson J, Bhandari P, Goetz M, Kiesslich R, Coron E, de Santiago ER, Gonda T, Lovat LB, Haidry R. Outcomes of Hemospray therapy in the treatment of intraprocedural upper gastrointestinal bleeding post-endoscopic therapy. United European Gastroenterol J. 2020 Dec;8(10)
- Alzoubaidi D, Ragunath K, Wani S, Penman ID, Trudgill NJ, Jansen M, Banks M, Bhandari P, Morris AJ, Willert R, Boger P, Smart HL, Ravi N, Dunn J, Gordon C, Mannath J, Mainie I, di Pietro M, Veitch AM, Thorpe S, Magee C, Everson M, Sami S, Bassett P, Graham D, Attwood S, Pech O, Sharma P, Lovat LB, Haidry R. Quality indicators for Barrett’s endotherapy (QBET): UK consensus statements for patients undergoing endoscopic therapy for Barrett’s neoplasia. Frontline Gastroenterol. 2019 Aug 14;11(4):259-271.
- Hussein M, Alzoubaidi D, Lopez MF, Weaver M, Ortiz-Fernandez-Sordo J, Bassett P, Rey JW, Hayee BH, Despott E, Murino A, Moreea S, Boger P, Dunn J, Mainie I, Graham D, Mullady DK, Early DS, Ragunath K, Anderson JT, Bhandari P, Goetz M, Kiesslich R, Coron E, Lovat LB, Haidry R. Hemostatic spray powder TC-325 in the primary endoscopic treatment of peptic ulcer-related bleeding: multicenter international registry. Endoscopy. 2021 Jan;53(1):36-43.
- Alzoubaidi D, Hussein M, Rusu R, Napier D, Dixon S, Rey JW, Steinheber C, Jameie-Oskooei S, Dahan M, Hayee B, Gulati S, Despott E, Murino A, Subramaniam S, Moreea S, Boger P, Hu M, Duarte P, Dunn J, Mainie I, McGoran J, Graham D, Anderson J, Bhandari P, Goetz M, Kiesslich R, Coron E, Lovat L, Haidry R. Outcomes from an international multicenter registry of patients with acute gastrointestinal bleeding undergoing endoscopic treatment with Hemospray. Dig Endosc. 2020 Jan;32(1):96-105.
- Everson M, Magee C, Alzoubaidi D, Brogden S, Graham D, Lovat LB, Novelli M, Haidry R. Minichromosomal Maintenance Component Complex 5 (MCM5) as a Marker of Barrett’s Esophagus-Related Neoplasia: A Feasibility Study. Dig Dis Sci. 2019 Oct;64(10):2815-2822.
- Durayd Alzoubaidi, David Graham, Paul Bassett, Cormac Magee, Martin Everson, Matthew Banks, Marco Novelli, Marnix Jansen, Laurence B Lovat, Rehan Haidry. Comparison of two multiband mucosectomy devices for endoscopic resection of Barrett’s related neoplasia. Surgical Endoscopy. 2018
- Durayd Alzoubaidi, Laurence B Lovat, Rehan Haidry. Management of non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding: where are we in 2018? Frontline gastroenterology. 2018
- Cormac Magee, Gideon Lipman, Durayd Alzoubaidi, Martin Everson, Rami Sweis, Matthew Banks, David Graham, Charles Gordon, Laurence Lovat, Charles Murray, Rehan Haidry. Radiofrequency ablation for patients with refractory symptomatic anaemia secondary to gastric antral vascular ectasia. United European Gastroenterology Journal. November 2018
- David Graham, Nejc Sever, Cormac Magee, William Waddingham, Matthew Banks, Rami Sweis, Hannah Al-Yousuf, Miriam Mitchison, Durayd Alzoubaidi, Manuel Rodriguez-Justo, Laurence Lovat, Marco Novelli, Marnix Jansen, Rehan Haidry. Risk of lymph node metastases in patients with T1b oesophageal adenocarcinoma: A retrospective single centre experience. World J Gastroenterol November 2018
- M Everson, LCGP Herrera, W Li, I Muntion Luengo, O Ahmad, M Banks, C Magee, D Alzoubaidi, D Graham, T Vercauteren, L Lovat, S Ourselin, Hsiu-Po Wang, Wen-Lun Wang, RJ Haidry. Artificial intelligence for the real time classification of intrapapillary capillary loop patterns in the endoscopic diagnosis of early oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a proof of concept study. UEG Journal November 2018
- Everson MA, Lovat LB, Graham DG, Bassett P, Magee C, Alzoubaidi D, Fernández-Sordo JO, Sweis R, Banks MR, Wani S, Esteban JM, Ragunath K, Bisschops R, Haidry RJ. Virtual chromoendoscopy using optical enhancement improves the detection of Barrett’s esophagus-associated neoplasia. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2018 Oct 3
- Di Pietro M, Alzoubaidi D, Fitzgerald RC. Barrett’s Oesophagus and Cancer Risk: how research advances can impact onto clinical practice. Gut and Liver 2014, 8 (4): 356-370 PMID 25071900
- Al-Benna S, Alzoubaidi D, Al-Ajam Y. Evidence-based burn care–An assessment of the methodological quality of research published in burn care journals from 1982 to 2008.Burns. 2010 Dec; 36(8):1190-5. PMID:20621705
- Al-Benna S, Al-Ajam Y, Alzoubaidi D. Burns surgery handover study: trainees’ assessment of current practice in the British Isles. Burns. 2009 Jun; 35(4):509-12.PMID: 19297101
- Revision of Trust guidelines (On Trust Intranet – Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital): September 2013 – September 2014
- Ascites Management
- HRS Management
- Acute Variceal Haemorrhage Management